Thursday 13 November 2014

13  November 2014

Where’s my December hit?

Its that time of the year where we are looking forward to December season and the year that is coming in to replace the current year. It is also amazing how at the start of each year 365 days seems like a lot of days  but by November each year it feels like the days just flew by.

This time of the year we normally know which song is going to be the hit of the season but this year feels a bit different to me in this way, I have not yet identified any song as just yet and the time is ticking like time bomb. The good thing I see is that the artist are going for gold which is a good indication that we going to see a good and fruitful season for our artist in South Africa.

The soil has just released their new album which sold 24000 copies in less than 3 weeks, Big up to the fans who did not waste anytime .The group has carved a niche identity expressed through marrying cultures and genres in their music . Their album features hits like Undibambe Kanye,Susan and Andinanto. As I anticipated my homeboy Heavy k also made the gold disc for  his album Drumboss. The last time I checked he was working with Khaya Mthetha on a track for December and I am exuberantly waiting on that. While on the other hand Miss Lira’s debut Rise again is Available in USA stores. We are really proud of you miss Lira.


I’m not sure if it’s me who is behind, South Africa where’s your music for December ?We used to have a tight competition where record labels would showcase whatever they have cooked for December but that vibe is no longer there. Yes the talent is there but we running out of songs like good song. Please help me out here and lets identify songs that are worth the play list of this December because I can’t find any at this present moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment